Contrary to what storefronts would have you believe, the First Day of Christmas is December 25, and Christmas continues on for twelve days until the evening of January 5, also known as Twelfth Night. The twelve days of Christmas lead us up to the Feast of the Epiphany, always on January 6. This year, Epiphany falls on a Monday.
During the twelve days of Christmas we have very few Choral Services at Saint Thomas. Our choristers are given a much-deserved break after a very busy Advent season, and Christmas Eve and Day. Nevertheless, worship continues every day of Christmastide, usually with shorter, said services in the Chantry Chapel, which is located to the left side of the church after you enter the Fifth Avenue doors. Choral Services during Christmastide are sung by the Gentlemen of the Choir. We hope you will join us during these twelve days in worship of the Word made flesh, our Lord Emmanuel (God with us).
- Wednesday, December 25: First Day of Christmas, Christmas Day
- Thursday, December 26: Second Day of Christmas, Saint Stephen
- Friday, December 27: Third Day of Christmas, Saint John
- Saturday, December 28: Fourth Day of Christmas, The Holy Innocents
- Sunday, December 29: The First Sunday after Christmas Day
- Monday, December 30: The Sixth Day of Christmas
- Tuesday, December 31: The Seventh Day of Christmas
- Wednesday, January 1: The Eighth Day of Christmas, The Holy Name of our Lord Jesus Christ
- Thursday, January 2: The Ninth Day of Christmas
- Friday, January 3: The Tenth Day of Christmas
- Saturday, January 4: The Eleventh Day of Christmas
- Sunday, January 5: The Second Sunday after Christmas Day