2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This is the third recital in this series presented on the expanded Loening-Hancock Organ.
Admission to this recital is free, but a free-will offering will be taken to benefit the Miller-Scott Organ Fund.
About the Series
Before his untimely passing in August of 2015, John Scott often spoke of his desire to perform a cycle of the complete organ works of J.S. Bach on the gallery organ at Saint Thomas Church, Fifth Avenue. As a tribute to their mentor and to celebrate the completion of the Taylor and Boody organ, Stephen Buzard and Benjamin Sheen are undertaking this project in a monthly recital series which began on March 5, 2016.
- Concerto in A minor (after Vivaldi), BWV 593
- from the ‘Leipzig’ Chorales
- Herr Jesu Christ, dich zu uns wend, BWV 655
- Von Gott will ich nicht lassen, BWV 658
- Nun danket alle Gott, BWV 657
- Fugue on a theme by Corelli, BWV 579
- Sonata in C Major
- Fantasia in G minor, BWV 542
- Wenn wir in h√∂chsten N√∂ten sein, BWV 641
- Fugue in G minor, BWV 542