6:15 pm - 7:45 pm
One of the greatest literary achievements of all time, Dante’s Divine Comedy, is great in no small part because of its ability to touch and speak to everyday people in their ordinary lives. Read more about the Divine Comedy here.
These monthly seminars, in the ongoing ‚ÄúGood Books and Good Talk‚Äù series, are open to anyone who wishes to read the book. Any translation will be fine for our discussion; the Saint Thomas bookstore will be stocking the contemporary translation by the Hollanders. Participants may wish to browse the shelves of a library to see which translation seems most appealing to them.
Each session is on a Monday evening from 6:15 to 7:45pm:
- July 21: Inferno cantos 1-17
- August 18: Inferno cantos 18-end
- September 15: Purgatorio cantos 1-17
- October 6: Purgatorio cantos 18-end
- November 17: Paradiso cantos 1-17
- December 15: Paradiso cantos 18-end