The Seventh Sunday Of Easter
The Seventh Sunday Of Easter
The Seventh Sunday of Easter is also called The Sunday after Ascension Day. Because Ascension Day is always the 40th Day of Easter and Pentecost is always the 50th Day, The Sunday after Ascension Day is always the Sunday preceding the Day of Pentecost.
These last 10 days of Easter are called Ascensiontide, the period of time after Christ ascended to the Father, yet before the coming of the Spirit on the Day of Pentecost. To the contemporaries of Christ, it was therefore a time of waiting.
O God, the King of glory, who hast exalted thine only Son Jesus Christ with great triumph unto thy kingdom in heaven: We beseech thee, leave us not comfortless, but send to us thine Holy Ghost to comfort us, and exalt us unto the same place whither our Savior Christ is gone before; who liveth and reigneth with thee and the same Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.
We are pleased to offer child care during from the beginning of the 9 am service to the end of the 11 o’clock service each Sunday. The nursery opens 10 minutes before the 9am and closes 15 minutes after the 11am mass concludes. Children are welcome at all points during our worship so you may drop-off and pick-up your child at any time during the worship service. During the 9 and 11 o’clock liturgies parents are encouraged to bring their children to the altar for Holy Communion or a blessing from one of the clergy.
For the 11am service, children that are on the older end of pre-school can join the Sunday School for parts of the lesson and will do age-appropriate activities to reinforce what we all learned that day. We believe that children begin to build the foundation for their faith at a very early age and as a church, we seek to nurture that growth. Toddlers and babies will be able to play and be cared for while listening to either music or the service that is in progress.
The Nursery is located in the Parish House. You may enter the Parish House at 1 W 53rd Street (between 5th and 6th Avenues.) Our friendly staff at the front desk can give you directions to the Nursery.
In order to make sure that our nursery is a happy, safe, and fun environment, we have established the following guidelines:
- All children must be registered. Our simple registration form provides us with important contact and medical information on each child. You can email the form to our Sunday School Coordinator, Mother Turner, or print it out and bring it with you when you drop off your child.
- All children must be signed in each time they are dropped off.
- A parent must take a silent buzzer so that Nursery staff have a way of alerting you that your child requires your attention. This buzzer is returned when you come to pick-up your child.
- Please do not leave the church while your child is in the nursery.
- Many times, young children may tend to cry when they are dropped off in the nursery. Some separation anxiety is normal for young children, and they are usually easily distracted soon after they arrive. In some cases, children continue to cry. If your child cannot be consoled within a reasonable amount of time, you may be notified by the nursery staff.
If you have any questions about the Saint Thomas Nursery, please contact Mother Turner.